Ph. D., associate professor
|Birth date||June 25, 1966|
|Alma mater||Lviv Polytechnic National University|
|Specialty||Automation and Telemechanics|
|Research areas||Mathematical modelling of electromagnetic
processes of electrotechnical devices.
|Qualification level||electrical engineer|
|Degree||candidate of technical sciences (Ph.D.)|
|Academic status||associate professor|
|Academic status awarding||2002|
|Current position||associate professor of the Department of Automated Control Systems of Lviv Polytechnic National University|
Yaroslav Kovivchak — Ph. D., associate professor of the Department of Automated Control Systems of Lviv Polytechnic National University.
Date of birth: 25 June 1966
Language knowledge: English – pre-intermediate, Russian – upper, Poland – intermediate
Experience: 28 years of pedagogical and scientific activity
1992-1995 – State University "Lviv Polytechnic", Department "Theoretical and general electrical engineering", postgraduate student.
Dissertation. Ph.D. specialty 05.09.05: "Theoretical Electrical Engineering". The subject of the candidate's thesis: "Mathematical modeling and computer simulation of transient processes in mixed problems of circle theory and electromagnetic field". Protection was held in 1996 at the State University "Lviv Polytechnic".
1985-1992 - Lviv Polytechnic Institute, Faculty of Automation, specialty: "Automation and telemechanics", electrical engineer. Theme of the diploma project: "Block for measuring the complex of devices for geophysical research".
1981-1985 - Drohobych Petroleum Technical School, specialty: "Operation of automatic and telemechanical devices in the gas and oil industry", technician-electromechanic. Theme of the diploma project: "Automation of furnaces of the UPNP of the NGDU" Rechitsyanaft "of the Belarusian Oil Company".
- 2002 - present - Associate Professor of the Department "Automated Control Systems" of Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- 2001-2002 - Senior Researcher of the Department "Theoretical and General Electrical Engineering" of the Lviv Polytechnic National University;
- 1997-2001 - a research fellow at the Department of Theoretical and General Electrical Engineering at the State University "Lviv Polytechnic";
- 1996-1997 - junior researcher of the department "Theoretical and general electrical engineering" of the State University "Lviv Polytechnic";
- 1995-1996 - assistant of the department "Theoretical and general electrical engineering" of the State University "Lviv Polytechnic";
- 1984-1985 - locksmith-installer of control-measuring devices and automatics, Specialized management № 7 of the corporation "Gazmontazhavtomatika".
Educational process, development of training courses, managing of diploma projects.
- Data mining;
- Technologies for creating software products;
- System analysis of publishing processes;
- Basics of automated designing of publishing systems.
- Mathematical modeling of electromagnetic processes in electrical engineering devices;
- Development of field mathematical models of electrical devices.
He is the author of over 90 scientific works and publications, 4 copyright certificates for the utility model of the United States of America and 5 author's certificates for the invention of Ukraine, as well as author of more than 20 methodological works,
- Kovivchak Ya. V. Mathematical Modelling of Electromagnetic Processes in Moving Anisotropic Media of Electric Devices; monograph/ Ya. V. Kovivchak. – Lviv : Publishing house «Levada», 2017. – 356 p.
- Zawistowski Z. J., Kovivchak Ya. Electromagnetic Field in Rotating Frame of Reference / Z. J. Zawistowski, Ya. Kovivchak // Wave Motion. – July 2017. – Vol. 72. – P. 62-69.
- Kovivchak Ya. An Analysis of Electromagnetic Processes in a Turbogenerator with a Real Rotor and a Stator Tooth Structure in the No-load Mode / Ya. Kovivchak // Technical Transactions. – July 2017. – Vol. 7. – P. 73-94.
- Kovivchak, Ya. V. Mathematical modeling of electromagnetic processes in moving anisotropic media of electrotechnical devices: monograph / Ya. V. Kovivchak. - Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2015. - 352 pp. (in Ukrainian)
- Bilyy L. A., Kovivchak Ya. V. New directions of constructing transformers. - Electric power and electromechanical systems. (Bulletin of the National University "Lviv Polytechnic") - No. 785. - 2014. - p. 106-113. (in Ukrainian)
- Kovivchak Ya.V. Determination of boundary conditions in the spatial problems of electrodynamics. - Electricity (Electrical engineering in Russia). - No. 8. - 2009. - p. 66-74. (in Russian)
- Y. Kovivchak, O. Starostenko. Mathematical analysis of electromotive force appearance in a mobile electroconductive medium. – Naniciencia et Melatronica (Benemita Universidad Autonana de Puebla). – №2. – Vol.4. –Julio 2006. – pp. 669-679.
- Kovivchak Ya.V. Peculiarities of calculating the electromagnetic field in moving media. – Electricity (Electrical engineering in Russia). - No. 1. - 2004. - p. 59-62. (in Russian)
- V. Tchaban, Y. Kovivchak. Mathematical modeling of damping system of electric machines. - Technical electrodynamics. - No. 6. - 1995. - p. 32-35. (in Ukrainian)
28a Bandera str., Building 5, Room 804v
Tел. +38 (032) 258-26-47