Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology
|Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology|
|Head of department||Sc.D., Assoc.Prof. Mykola Mykyichuk|
|Page on lp.edu.ua||Official page|
Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology is a teaching and research institution founded in 2001 at the Department of Automation.
This subdivision of Lviv Polytechnic is one of the leading teaching and research institutions in the structure of the university and the world known institution in the field of computer technology. The Institute carries out fundamental and applied research in information and measurement technology and control systems, intelligent mechatronic systems of computer engineering, information security and metrological support of computer measurement and control systems and certification tests, measurements in nanotechnology.
The main objective of the institute is to provide modern education based on the preservation of its fundamental and important compliance with the future needs of the individual, society and state.
The Institute consists of eight departments and two branches: Digital computing machines; Information security; High Precision Mechanics; Information Measuring Engineering (“System” affiliated branch of Research Institute State Enterprise); Computerized automation systems; Metrology, Standardization and Certification (a branch of the Lviv Regional State Centre for Standardization, Metrology and Certification); Specialized Computer System; Safety of Information technology.
Material and technical base of the institute comprises more than 60 teaching laboratories and more than 10 specialized computer classes.
The history of institute (ICTA)
Institute of Computer Technologies, Automation and Metrology was founded in 2001 at the Department of Automation, which began its work in 1962. These are departments: Measuring Information Technology (founded in 1920); Digital computing machines (1963); Metrology, Standardization and Certification (1995); High Precision Mechanics (1965); In 2006, the department of Automation and Telemechanics founded in 1945, was divided in two separate units that are Computerized automation systems and Information Security.
List of institute departments
- Department of Information Protection
- Security of Information Technologies
- Department of Electronic Computing Machines
- Department Computerized Automation Systems
- Department of Specialized Computer Systems
- Department of Metrology, Standardization and Certification
- Department of Information Measurement Technology
- Department of High Precision Mechanics
Fields and Specialties
|Metrology and Measuring Technologies||
|Metrology, Standardization and Certification||
|[Safety of Information and Communication Systems|
|Systems Technical Protection of Information]||
|Information Security Management||
|Specific categories (after getting higher education for EQL "Bachelor", "Specialist" or "Master")||
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH LABORATORIES OF THE INSTITUTE
- SRL Electronic Measuring Devices Accuracy Increase (SRL-11)
- SRL Intelligent Systems Laboratory (SRL-17)
- SRL Recording Mechanisms, Instruments and Devices (SRL-48)
- SRL Computer Systems Laboratory (SRL-83)
- Scientific and Research Design Institute of Electronic Measuring and Computing Devices (Scientific and Research Design Institute of Electronic Measuring and Computing Devices)